This series of magnets are built with an extra heavy duty structural design to handle the natural abuse this industry gives the magnet. Being that it is built in this manner, it is the most diversified series magnet manufactured. From heavy abrasive scrap, to billets, slabs, drop balls, and onto slag scrap, this magnet can virtually do it all. The copper wound coil version is used when crane capacity allows it. They are manufactured in various sizes, from 48” to 68” and can be built bigger upon request for specific applications.
- The S Series Slag Magnet is ideally used for:
- Drop Ball
- Slag Reclaiming
- Heavy Duty, Abrasive Scrap
- Abusive Applications
- 230 Volt DC
- Copper wound coils
- Heavy Duty Structurally built steel case
- Heavy extra thick manganese bottom plate
- Class H Insulation
- Hard Face Outer Pole and Body
- 75% Duty Cycle
- 1 year Limited Warranty
- Optional Hot Service Design Available
Note: The applications’ magnet system must be compatible with the magnet used or it can cause damages to the magnet to the point of failure.