The RTXDC magnet is manufactured for ultra lifting performance, replacing the need for round magnets used in tandem lifting scrap in Melt Shops. One RTXDC magnet lifting power is equivalent to two, round magnets used in tandem on a spreader bar with comparable lifting capacities. The RTXDC is copper wound and will lift a greater weight than two tandem magnet system. It supplies the answer to Mini Mill production demands. It is priced less than the purchase of two round scrap magnets for the tandem method of Mini Mill demands. The magnets are used with overhead cranes and replace the RTXDA through customer preference alone. This magnet is very heavy and cost more than the RTXDA magnet due to the copper conductor used in its manufacture.
The RTXDC type magnet for Scrap Handling is used on overhead cranes in:
- Mini Mill Melt Shops Scrap Areas
- Integrated Mill Melt Shops Scrap Area
- Loading and Unloading Rail Cars of Scrap
- 230 VDC
- Copper wound coils
- Fabricated steel construction
- Water resistant, double welded, terminal box design
- Class H insulation
- Conventional 3 legged chain
- Hard surface face on outer and center poles
- 75% Duty Cycle
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Optional Hot Service Design Available
Note: The applications’ magnet system must be compatible with the magnet used or it can cause damages to the magnet to the point of failure.