The LXDC magnet is manufactured for use in scrap yards where Overhead Cranes are used in processing scrap. These magnets cost more than the Aluminum wound magnets because of the conductors. The overhead cranes have a lifting capability compatible for the use of copper wound magnets. They are an option to the use of aluminum wound L Series magnets. They are versatile, cost more than an equivalent aluminum wound L Series magnet and are preferred in 16 or more hours / day operations that have a crane capacity to handle the magnet weight / material weight ratio per lift. The LXDC has a deeper penetrating flux field which allows a greater lifting capacity per lift.
- The LXDC type magnet in the L Series family is used in:
- Scrap yards
- Steel Warehouses
- Overhead Crane Loading / Unloading Areas
- 230 VDC
- Copper wound coils
- Fabricated steel construction
- Water resistant, double welded, terminal box design
- Class H insulation
- Conventional 3 legged chain
- Hard surface face on outer and center poles
- 75% Duty Cycle
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Optional Hot Service Design Available
Note: The applications’ magnet system must be compatible with the magnet used or it can cause damages to the magnet to the point of failure.