The LDC magnet is manufactured for use in scrap yards where Overhead Cranes are used in processing scrap. The overhead cranes have a lifting capability compatible for the use of Copper wound magnets. They are an option to the use of aluminum wound L Series magnets. They are versatile, cost more than an equivalent aluminum wound L Series magnet and are recommended in 16 or more hour a day operations that have a crane capacity to handle the magnet weight / material weight ratio per lift.
The LDC type magnet in the L Series family is used in:
- Scrap yards
- Steel Warehouses
- Overhead Crane Loading / Unloading Areas
- 230 VDC
- Copper wound coils
- Fabricated steel construction
- Water resistant, double welded, terminal box design
- Class H insulation
- Conventional 3 legged chain
- Hard surface face on outer and center poles
- 75% Duty Cycle
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Optional Hot Service Design Available
Note: The applications’ magnet system must be compatible with the magnet used or it can cause damages to the magnet to the point of failure.